British Fashion Award for Positive Change Speech
- Thank you very much for the award..
- I want you to help me to save the world, I can’t do it on my own.
- I’m the only person who has a strategy. I’ve done so many graphics as an activist that I decided to make them in to a set of playing cards.
- I’m going to talk about one of the playing cards: Rot$ otherwise known as free-market capitalism. We’re fighting a battle and Rot$ is our enemy. It’s the cause of all our problems – climate change, war (it’s a war economy) and it’s the cause of the financial crisis – it’s programmed to fail. The world is bankrupt, and it runs on debt.
- This is what politicians believe: if you squeeze the poor and tax them and give it to the 1% of the richest people in the world that it’s going to be good for everybody. Of course it’s not! This is such a stupidity, all the financial pundits and the press also believe it, and so this is our enemy.
- Look at Macron, in order to help the environment, he wanted to put a tax on fuel – but it can’t work. You can’t put a tax on something that particularly hits the poor at the same time as giving tax breaks to the 1% even though his intention of trying to save the environment is really good.
- Democracy can’t work because this system is imposing an unfair distribution of wealth, this is why we have all our political problems.
- Look at Bolsonaro, if he cuts down the rainforest it’s suicide of the human race. The only way we can get democracy to work is to change the financial system. That’s the solution and the answer is in the pack of playing cards.
- One of the cards is SWITCH to green energy supplier which we have been working together on with the BFC.
- I’m going to give my message in a public way, I want you to follow me.
- Follow me, Rot$ Rules, Know Yr Enemy.